Welcome to the Queens College Department of Special Collections and Archives Wiki!
This wiki serves as a tool for those working within the department as well as a documentation of our practices for the archival field. The Department's policies and guides, regularly revised and updated according to the profession's standards, can be found here. This wiki is also used for alternate modes of intellectual exploration of our digitized collections.
Collections Management Guides and Resources
- Processing Guide - A manual for students and interns working within the department
- Processing Workshop - Tips posted by staff and processing fellows/interns
- Digitization Guide - A manual for scanning, metadata creation, and developing digital projects
- Guide for Working with the QC Archiving Occupy Project - Instructions and reference guide
- Archivists Toolkit Implementation in the Department - used for tracking collections, includes manual for creating EAD finding aids
Queens College Collections
This wiki and the guides posted on it are maintained and updated by Alexandra Dolan-Mescal, Special Collections Librarian and Institutional Archivist at Queens College (unless otherwise noted). The wiki was originally built by Christine Parker, former Rare Book Archivist.